Simple Science Experiment
Rubber Band Shoot
This simple science experiment can be done a single person or a group.
This fun experiment uses rubber bands and rulers to test the distance
different sizes and widths of rubber bands will travel. Invite a group
of friends over to do group testing of the rubber bands is great fun for
Shooting rubber bands is always fun
- Variety of rubber bands
- Ruler for each participant
- Tape measure
- Masking tape
- Paper and pencil
- Mark the starting line for the experiment with a piece of tape.
- Hold the ruler so the front end is directly above the starting line.
- Slip the rubber band over the front of the ruler.
- Pull the other end back to the 6" or 15 cm mark on your ruler.
- Let the rubber band go.
- Measure the distance the rubber band travels with the tape measure.
- Record the information on a sheet of paper.
- Make a prediction how far the rubber band will travel when stretched to 7" or 18 cm.
- Do the experiment and check your results.
- Write these results on your sheet of paper.
- Stretch your rubber band two more times each time adding one inch or 3 cm to the previous length.
- Repeat this experiment with different widths and diameter or rubber bands.
- Each time make a prediction and write the information down on your piece of paper.
- Create a graph showing distance traveled plus width and length of each rubber band tested.
More Links to Science Experiments
- Simple Science Experiments, Pressing LayersDiscover how bread slices can turn into sedimentary layers in this fun experiment.
- Cool Science Experiments, Funny Bones In these fun experiments find out how you can create "funny bones" that can bend.
- Easy Science Experiments, Pumice & ObsidianFind out the difference between pumice and obsidian and why one will float and the other will sink like a rock.
- Volcano Science Experiment, Cinder ConesHave you ever wondered how volcanoes get their shape? Find out about cinder cones in this fun activity.
- Gravity Experiments, Balancing ActsLearn how to balance a potato, fork and pencil on the edge of a table.
- Simple Science Experiment, Rubber Band ShootHave fun shooting rubber bands in this fun and easy experiment.
- Earth Science The links on this page include information on the Earth, the Rock Cycle, Volcanoes, experiments, activities and much more.
KIDS FUN SCIENCE BOOKSTORE
Check out Myrna Martin's award winning textbooks, e-books, videos and rock sets. The Kids Fun Science Bookstore covers a wide range of earth science topics. Click here to browse.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and receive our FREE eBook containing 3 fun activities that don’t appear in any of our other books!
The Kids Fun Science monthly newsletter will include the following: current events, weird and fantastic facts, a question of the month, science trivia and the latest new content from our website.
We respect your privacy and you can be assured that we will never share your email address or use it for any other purpose than to send you our newsletter.