Fun Science Activities
These fun science activities are easy to do. If you live near the
seashore or are going to visit the ocean collect some interesting shells
for this project. Craft stores also sell seashells that can be used for
In these easy science activities you will be creating
your own sedimentary critter rocks. The gates and fort at St. Augustine,
Florida are made of seashells and other crushed materials similar to
your seashell rock.
- Unbroken shells
- Broken pieces of shells
- Paper cup
- Plastic spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Stir broken shells in a paper cup until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Mix 1 part glue to 2 parts water in a paper cup.
- Pour the watered down glue over the mixture.
- Stir the shells and glue together until the shells are thoroughly moistened.
- Pour the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Place a few of the larger unbroken shells on the top and glue them in place.
- Allow the critter rock to dry for a couple of days before removing the plastic wrap.
- Try these simple science activities also.
- Grind eggshells into a very fine powder and glue them together to create some limestone.
- Start your own seashell collection from different areas.
- Create a small seashell trivet for each of the different areas you have collected shells.
More Links to Science Activities
- Science Activities Learn more about the many wonderful science activities that are offered in this section of our website.
- Elementary Science Activities Learn about the layers of the atmosphere in this earth science activity.
- Astronomy Activity In this activity your will create a mobile of the major types of galaxies including our own Milky Way Galaxy.
- Earth Science Activities Create a substance that acts both like a liquid and a solid.
- Earthquake Activities Create fault blocks out of Styrofoam that demonstrates normal and reverse faults.
- Flight Activities Build balloon rockets and see how far you can make them travel in these fun science activities.
- Fun Science Activities Create your own sedimentary critter rocks using seashells you have collected or bought.
- Earth Science Learn about planet Earth, Rock Cycle, Volcanoes and many more topics on this website.
KIDS FUN SCIENCE BOOKSTORE
Check out Myrna Martin's award winning textbooks, e-books, videos and rock sets. The Kids Fun Science Bookstore covers a wide range of earth science topics. Click here to browse.