In this fossil activity you will create a dinosaur placemat. Scientists
have discovered many dinosaur bones and put them together so we know
what they look like. What we don't know is what color they were. Pick
your favorite dinosaur for the placemat and color it any color you think
it looked like when it was alive.
- 12 x 18 inch sheet of white paper
- Dinosaur picture
- Colored felt pens
- Clear contact paper
- Draw a picture of a dinosaur on the 12 x 18 inch sheet of paper.
- Color the dinosaur with the felt pens.
- Create a background where the dinosaur might be living to add interest to your picture.
- Cover the front and back of the picture with clear contact paper.
- Create more dinosaur pictures for a set of placemats that you can use when dining with family or friends.
More Links to Science Activities
- Science Activities Learn more about the many wonderful science activities that are offered in this section of our website.
- Free Science Activities Create your one of a kind table top decoration using rock pictures you drew in this fun science activity.
- Geology Activities This simple earth science activity demonstrates how gneiss metamorphic rocks form when continents collide.
- Kids Science Activities Learn how to create a seismograph out of a tin can and then cause mini earthquakes waves to be recorded by your seismograph.
- Ocean Activity Creating
an ocean in a bottle is easy and fun to do. Then watch the action in
the bottle for a fascinating and simple science activity.
- Solar System Activities The
Earth and Moon travel in space around the Sun. These easy science
activities demonstrate how the Moon travels around the Earth.
- Fossil Activity Draw your favorite dinosaur and turn it into a placemat in these simple science activities.
- Earth Science Learn about planet Earth, Rock Cycle, Volcanoes and many more topics on this website.
KIDS FUN SCIENCE BOOKSTORE
Check out Myrna Martin's award winning textbooks, e-books, videos and rock sets. The Kids Fun Science Bookstore covers a wide range of earth science topics. Click here to browse.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and receive our FREE eBook containing 3 fun activities that don’t appear in any of our other books!
The Kids Fun Science monthly newsletter will include the following: current events, weird and fantastic facts, a question of the month, science trivia and the latest new content from our website.
We respect your privacy and you can be assured that we will never share your email address or use it for any other purpose than to send you our newsletter.