Free Science Activities
Tree Limb Rock Art
These free science activities are easy to do. All it takes is some
pictures of rocks that you have drawn, a limb and a pretty vase. If you have a rock
collection choose some of your favorites rocks to draw in this Earth
Make sure you draw the pictures accurately so people
can tell what each picture represents. Scientific
drawings depict exactly what something looks like. You always try to draw exactly what you see in your drawings.
- 8 to 10 interesting rocks
- Limb with several branches
- Felt pens
- Container to hold the limb
- Find a limb that has several smaller branches.
- You will hang pictures of rocks on the branches.
- Find a vase or other container than will hold the limb without falling over.
- Choose 8 to 10 rocks that you like or are unusual.
- Draw a picture of each rock on a piece of paper.
- Cut out each rock picture.
- On the back side or the rock picture write the name of the rock.
- If you do know what type of rock you have collected you might write a note about where you found it.
- Use a short piece of string to hang each picture on one of the branches.
- Place the limb in the container you have chosen.
- If the limb leans in the wrong direction place some pebbles in the bottom of the container around the limb.
- After you have finished place the container on a table to enjoy.
More Links to Science Activities
- Science Activities Learn more about the many wonderful free science activities that are offered in this section of our website.
- Geology Activities This simple earth science activity demonstrates how gneiss metamorphic rocks form when continents collide.
- Kids Science Activities Learn how to create a seismograph out of a tin can and then cause mini earthquakes waves to be recorded by your seismograph.
- Ocean Activity Creating
an ocean in a bottle is easy and fun to do. Then watch the action in
the bottle for a fascinating and simple science activity.
- Solar System Activities The
Earth and Moon travel in space around the Sun. These easy science
activities demonstrate how the Moon travels around the Earth.
- Simple Science Activities A fun science activity that you get to eat! Create an Earth Cookie that demonstrates the major parts of the Earth.
- Free Science Activities Create your one of a kind table top decoration using rock pictures you drew in this fun science activity.
- Earth Science Learn about planet Earth, Rock Cycle, Volcanoes and many more topics on this website.
KIDS FUN SCIENCE BOOKSTORE
Check out Myrna Martin's award winning textbooks, e-books, videos and rock sets. The Kids Fun Science Bookstore covers a wide range of earth science topics. Click here to browse.
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and receive our FREE eBook containing 3 fun activities that don’t appear in any of our other books!
The Kids Fun Science monthly newsletter will include the following: current events, weird and fantastic facts, a question of the month, science trivia and the latest new content from our website.
We respect your privacy and you can be assured that we will never share your email address or use it for any other purpose than to send you our newsletter.