Simple Science Activities
These simple science activities demonstrate the major parts of the
Earth. The Earth consists of the outer layer called the crust where we
live. Below the crust is the mantle which is has the largest volume.
Near the center of the Earth the rocks melt and we have the liquid outer
core. The inner core is solid rock. You will create these layers of the
Earth with a cookie, frosting and cinnamon candy.
Decorating an Earth Cookie
- Chocolate frosting
- Yellow frosting
- Cinnamon candies
- Spatula or table knife
- Spread chocolate frosting almost to the edge of the cookie.
- Make a round circle of yellow frosting at the center of the cookie on top of the chocolate frosting.
- Place several cinnamon candies in the center of the yellow frosting.
- The outer edge of the cookie represent the Earth's crust.
- The chocolate frosting represents the mantle of the Earth.
- The yellow frosting represents the outer core of molten rock.
- The red cinnamon candies represent the solid inner core.
time you want to do some fun science activities make a whole bunch of
cookies and have your family or friends help you decorate them.
More Links to Science Activities
- Science Activities Learn more about the many wonderful science activities that are offered in this section of our website.
- Fun Science ActivitiesCreate your own sedimentary critter rocks using seashells you have collected or bought.
- Elementary Science ActivitiesLearn about the layers of the atmosphere in this earth science activity.
- Astronomy ActivityIn this activity your will create a mobile of the major types of galaxies including our own Milky Way Galaxy.
- Earth Science ActivitiesCreate a substance that acts both like a liquid and a solid.
- Earthquake ActivitiesCreate fault blocks out of Styrofoam that demonstrates normal and reverse faults.
- Simple Science ActivitiesA fun science activity that you get to eat! Create an Earth Cookie that demonstrates the major parts of the Earth.
- Earth Science Learn about planet Earth, Rock Cycle, Volcanoes and many more topics on this website.
KIDS FUN SCIENCE BOOKSTORE
Check out Myrna Martin's award winning textbooks, e-books, videos and rock sets. The Kids Fun Science Bookstore covers a wide range of earth science topics. Click here to browse.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter and receive our FREE eBook containing 3 fun activities that don’t appear in any of our other books!
The Kids Fun Science monthly newsletter will include the following: current events, weird and fantastic facts, a question of the month, science trivia and the latest new content from our website.
We respect your privacy and you can be assured that we will never share your email address or use it for any other purpose than to send you our newsletter.